What to see in Pinzano
Villages, Churches, Historical buildings and sites, Fountains, Museums and Nature
The Germanic Shrine
For decades, closed to the public as a military space and then covered by vegetation, the Sacrarium on Col Pion was a mysterious object for
The Church of the Holy Trinity
Commonly known as the ‘Santissima’, this small church is located downstream from the village of Pinzano, near the late 19th-century cemetery and next to a
The Church of San Martino
The first written reference to an oratory dedicated to St Martin in Pinzano al Tagliamento dates back to 1294 and at the time it depended
It was inaugurated in 1912, with the opening of the Casarsa-Pinzano railway line (already in 1967 passenger traffic was interrupted and in 1987 the transport
The Church of Santa Maria dei Battuti
Arriving in Pinzano from Spilimbergo and the plain, the first village you come to is Valeriano and the first building is the small Church of
Mulino di Situated along the Cosa stream, outside the village of Valeriano, the Mulino di Ampiano has been documented since 1320. It functioned thanks to
Of the imposing Savorgnan Castle, today there remain ruins full of charm, which recall distant stories and legends.
The Church of St Stephen
The parish church of Valeriano, dedicated to St Stephen, is first mentioned in 1186 in a papal bull. It is located near the square, with
The Stretta di Pinzano
In addition to the undisputed beauty of the landscape, the Stretta di Pinzano combines features of national scientific interest. This is why it is included among the geosites of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region.
The Pinzano Bridge
Work on the construction of the first permanent bridge began in 1903 and the 181-metre-long, 30-metre-high structure, divided into three arches, was inaugurated on 16
What to see "near" Pinzano
Praforte and the Ciaurlec
There are signs of rebirth among the ruins of the abandoned village of Praforte, which can be reached by footpath
Located above the hamlet of Bosplans, at an altitude of 960 metres above sea level, Malga Fara is owned by
The burnt house and the Turkish invasions
During the last invasion of Friuli by mercenary troops in the pay of the Ottoman Empire in 1499, the villages of the western foothills as far as Montereale were sacked.
The first written documents referring to Clauzetto date back to the 12th century, with the foundation of the Pieve d’Asio,
The Church of San Daniele
The pretty religious building with portico, dedicated to San Daniele in Monticello, dates back to the 18th century. It stands
Travelling along the Sacile-Gemona piedmont railway line allows you to cross very evocative landscapes, watercourses and environments, open to the plain and overlooking the foothills of the Alps.
Church of Collemonaco
At Celante di Castelnovo, a steep path leads to the Church of Collemonaco, dedicated to San Daniele. The first construction
The ravine of the Molassa torrent
The spectacular gorge of the Molassa torrent is part of the Forra del Cellina Nature Reserve (which can also be