What to see in Vito d’Asio
Villages, Churches, Historical buildings and sites, Fountains, Museums and Nature
The Castle of Count Ceconi
Giacomo Ceconi, born in Pielungo in 1833, emigrated in search of fortune as a young man. He became a railway builder, building the viaduct of
The Friulian Woman Monument
In 2016, the Monument to the Friulian Woman, La Mari dal Friûl (The Mother of Friuli), was inaugurated with a mosaic, dedicated to the one
The Church of Our Lady of the Snows
This small religious building was built in the mountains by the inhabitants of Anduins, after the Second World War, to fulfil the vow they made
The Church of San Michele Arcangelo
Situated in Vito d’Asio, on a terrace overlooking the Arzino Valley, the parish church of San Michele Arcangelo was first mentioned in the fifteenth century.
The Arzino between pools and waterfalls
The Arzino stream is one of the last Alpine watercourses to retain a high degree of naturalness. Its 28 km are almost entirely included in
The Regina Margherita road
At the end of the 19th century, the only road of any importance went as far as Casiacco, while the rest of the road network
The Regional Forest of Conte Ceconi
Among the properties of Count Giacomo Ceconi there was also a forest. His heirs donated it to the Ente friulano di Economia Montana in 1940
The Agane House
Between Anduins and Vito d’Asio, at 473 metres above sea level, on the right bank of the Rio Barquet, there is a cave known as
What to see "near" Vito d'Asio
The area, which is included among the sites of regional interest due to its particular geological characteristics, is located behind
The old Valcellina road
Until 1906, the Valcellina, with the municipalities of Andreis, Barcis, Claut, Cimolais and Erto, which in the 19th century had a total of ten thousand inhabitants, remained isolated due to the absence of roads.
The ravine of the Molassa torrent
The spectacular gorge of the Molassa torrent is part of the Forra del Cellina Nature Reserve (which can also be
Between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, some splendid villas were built in the territory of Montereale Valcellina. The Lords Cigolotti,
The Church of St Stephen
The parish church of Valeriano, dedicated to St Stephen, is first mentioned in 1186 in a papal bull. It is
The burnt house and the Turkish invasions
During the last invasion of Friuli by mercenary troops in the pay of the Ottoman Empire in 1499, the villages of the western foothills as far as Montereale were sacked.
The first written documents referring to Clauzetto date back to the 12th century, with the foundation of the Pieve d’Asio,
The Hill and the remains of the Castle
In the same place where there were ancient settlements, from which it is possible to dominate the plain, a castrum was built surrounded by a wall, with a defensive function, considered impregnable.