Mulino di Situated along the Cosa stream, outside the village of Valeriano, the Mulino di Ampiano has been documented since 1320. It functioned thanks to a canal derived from the nearby watercourse. Barley was processed there, followed by maize, wheat, chestnuts and locust beans. The facility has been expanded and modified several times. In 1930, it was equipped with a Francis turbine, which operated a timber saw and a threshing machine and lit up the village, as well as setting the mill in motion. Restored in 2004 with regional funds, it preserves the old equipment and hosts cultural and recreational initiatives. The old façade was frescoed with a Madonna and Child among angels and devotees, unfortunately not well preserved, the work of Giovanni Antonio de’ Sacchis known as Pordenone. Detached from the wall in 1957, the fresco is kept in the Museo Civico di Conegliano. Inside you can see what remains of it while on the counter-façade there is a recent painting by contemporary artist Vittorio Basaglia, which pays homage to Pordenone.
To visit the mill, contact the Municipality: 0432 950557