Once upon a time there was a castle, where the large Church of San Nicolò now stands, at the highest and most panoramic point of the village of Vigna. In this perfect lookout post, a keep was built in the Middle Ages, which in the 16th century passed under the control of the Savorgnan nobles, under the hat of the Republic of Venice. At the end of the 19th century, after a period of abandonment, the keep was converted into a bell tower.
Originally, the castle consisted of an elevated part, surrounded by a circle of walls, the remains of which remain, and a lower part, with the church and the village, also defended by walls. In fact, the place is also referred to as Borc, village. The walls on the lower level were demolished and the stones reused for the extension of the Church of St. Nicholas.
The church near the castle has been mentioned since the 14th century, but it was rebuilt, assuming its current grandeur, after it gained autonomy from the Pieve of Travesio in 1870.
Church of Collemonaco
At Celante di Castelnovo, a steep path leads to the Church of