Malga Fara

Malga Fara

Located above the hamlet of Bosplans, at an altitude of 960 metres above sea level, Malga Fara is owned by the municipality and has been managed since 2017 by the Consorzio delle Valli e delle Dolomiti friulane. A shepherd, with his flock of sheep, keeps the surrounding pastures, which are also visible from Andreis, clean and productive. In the summer season, the malga is a popular agritourism refreshment point, where the products of the other farms of the Friuli Consortium are also available. The view, unobstructed by trees, opens wide to Resettum and Raut.

The resumption of sheep farming in Andreis allows a contemporary reinterpretation of the traditional way of life, which has always been linked to agriculture. Until the middle of the last century, the landscape was made up of meadows and pastures. Depopulation and the abandonment of traditional activities have led to the advance of forests in recent decades, here as in most of the Alps.

Scopri le altre meraviglie

War Memorial
Montereale Valcellina

War Memorial

In Malnisio, the War Memorial with the solemn statue representing Italy was inaugurated on 4 November 1925 in the square in front of the church, but it was not completed until 1933. To make room for this work, the village fountain was moved.

Maggiori informazioni