Praforte and the Ciaurlec

Praforte

There are signs of rebirth among the ruins of the abandoned village of Praforte, which can be reached by footpath or by car. While most of the stone buildings with wooden galleries are collapsing under vegetation, some are being renovated.
In the mid-1960s, the inhabitants of the village on the slopes of Monte Ciaurlec, 350 metres above sea level, were evacuated on the grounds of a looming landslide and moved to Paludea, near the town hall, in a new district called Praforte Nuovo. The real reason, however, was the transformation of the Ciaurlec into a military firing range and the risk of the houses being hit during the exercises. Now the mountain is no longer a military zone and it is possible to walk along its paths.

Scopri le altre meraviglie

Roiello Pellegrin
Montereale Valcellina

Pellegrin’s roiello

Running water was brought to San Leonardo Valcellina in 1837 thanks to the intuition of a local farmer, Giovanni Antonio Dell’Angelo, known as Pellegrin. Before that there was the “lagoon”, a stagnant and unhealthy pool, fed by the rains, in the centre of the square.

Maggiori informazioni