This small religious building was built in the mountains by the inhabitants of Anduins, after the Second World War, to fulfil the vow they made in 1944 asking to be spared from Nazi-Fascist violence. That summer, German troops had set fire to Ceconi Castle in Pielungo, where the headquarters of the Osoppo partisan brigade was located.
Afterwards, Anduins was bombed twice, some houses were destroyed, others damaged: at that point the inhabitants asked God for help. At the end of the war, a committee was set up as early as April 1945 to deal with the construction of the church. The contribution of the people was great, both in terms of donations and hours of voluntary work, in which women also actively participated, carrying the building materials in panniers.
The Church of Our Lady of the Snows was inaugurated on 5 August 1946.
Every year, on the first weekend in August, it hosts the Fiesta di Mont.
See the route to the Church of Our Lady of the Snows