Outside the inhabited centre, on the road leading to the Ravedis narrows, is the Church of San Rocco, surrounded by the cemetery. This space has been dedicated to religious worship for centuries: not far away, in fact, a small votive altar from the 1st century B.C., dedicated to the river deity Temavus, was found. The ancient parish church was one of the most important in the diocese of Concordia. It was first mentioned in the papal bull of Urban III in 1186, but its importance for the evangelisation of the territory dates back to the 5th century, when it was dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin. The dedication to San Rocco dates back to the 16th century.
The building preserves the frescoes decorating the choir, dedicated to the life of the Madonna and painted by Giovanni Maria Zaffoni, known as Calderari, between 1559 and 1563, the year of his death. The scenes depict the birth of Mary, the presentation in the temple, the wedding, the Annunciation, the visit to Elizabeth, the birth of Jesus and the Magi, the flight into Egypt and Jesus’ dispute with the doctors of the temple. The altarpiece of the Assumption was unfortunately not completed due to the death of the painter. Calderari’s style reveals influences from Giovanni Antonio de’ Sacchis, known as Pordenone, and Pomponio Amalteo, the main artists of the Friulian Renaissance.
In the sacristy, which was on the opposite side of the church to where it is now, evidence was gathered in 1584 for the trial of Domenico Scandella known as Menocchio, a miller burned at the stake for heresy.