The Church of the Holy Trinity

The Church of the Holy Trinity

Commonly known as the ‘Santissima’, this small church is located downstream from the village of Pinzano, near the late 19th-century cemetery and next to a delightful vineyard adorned with roses. The piedmont road that led northwards already in Roman times passed through here. But the original building, perhaps dating back to the 16th century, was probably located closer to the riverbed of the Tagliamento. The present church dates back to the 18th century and was of some importance. It was the seat of a confraternity and the destination of processions from the Arzino Valley. By bishop’s decree, from 1723 to 1730, pilgrims were granted plenary indulgence on the occasion of the Holy Trinity. Damaged by the 1976 earthquake, it fell into disuse and was only restored in 2006.

Open to the public only on 1st November, you can request to visit it by calling 0432 950304 or 338193757.

Scopri le altre meraviglie

Stretta di Pinzano
Pinzano al Tagliamento

The Stretta di Pinzano

In addition to the undisputed beauty of the landscape, the Stretta di Pinzano combines features of national scientific interest. This is why it is included among the geosites of the Friuli Venezia Giulia Region.

Maggiori informazioni
The Church of San Rocco
Montereale Valcellina

The Church of San Rocco

Outside the inhabited centre, on the road leading to the Ravedis narrows, is the Church of San Rocco, surrounded by the cemetery. This space has been dedicated to religious worship for centuries: not far away, in fact, a small votive altar from the 1st century B.C., dedicated to the river deity Temavus, was found.

Maggiori informazioni