The Regina Margherita road

The Regina Margherita road

At the end of the 19th century, the only road of any importance went as far as Casiacco, while the rest of the road network consisted only of a few mule tracks and paths. The carriageway from Casiacco and Anduins and Vito d’Asio, extended in 1901 as far as Clauzetto, was built between 1878 and 1882.

Between 1889 and 1891, also thanks to the contribution of Count Giacomo Ceconi, the section from Anduins to Pielungo, dedicated to Queen Margherita, was completed, following the course of the Arzino stream from above: it is a very scenic road, pleasant to travel by bicycle (recently the columns for recharging e-bikes were installed at the Bar Trattoria Da Renzo).

Until the roadway was built, goods were transported on the shoulders or on mules, then in horse-drawn carts and, from the 1920s, by motorised vehicles.

Scopri le altre meraviglie

The Church of San Rocco
Montereale Valcellina

The Church of San Rocco

Outside the inhabited centre, on the road leading to the Ravedis narrows, is the Church of San Rocco, surrounded by the cemetery. This space has been dedicated to religious worship for centuries: not far away, in fact, a small votive altar from the 1st century B.C., dedicated to the river deity Temavus, was found.

Maggiori informazioni