Traditional villages and “clapadòrie”

Traditional villages and "clapadòrie"

After World War II, the trend of emigration and depopulation increased and accelerated with the 1976 earthquake. The tragic event risked wiping out many traces of the past, but careful recovery and restoration work was carried out to restore the local urban identity. Particularly in the villages of Gerchia, Tascans and Zuanes, masonry dwellings with external stairways and wooden balconies have been restored.

What also makes the urban landscape of Clauzetto suggestive are the ancient stone-paved streets, called clapadòrie, true works of art that cross the hamlets and courtyards.

Scopri le altre meraviglie

War Memorial
Montereale Valcellina

War Memorial

In Malnisio, the War Memorial with the solemn statue representing Italy was inaugurated on 4 November 1925 in the square in front of the church, but it was not completed until 1933. To make room for this work, the village fountain was moved.

Maggiori informazioni
The Church of San Rocco
Montereale Valcellina

The Church of San Rocco

Outside the inhabited centre, on the road leading to the Ravedis narrows, is the Church of San Rocco, surrounded by the cemetery. This space has been dedicated to religious worship for centuries: not far away, in fact, a small votive altar from the 1st century B.C., dedicated to the river deity Temavus, was found.

Maggiori informazioni
Archaeological Museum in Palazzo Toffol
Montereale Valcellina

Archaeological Museum in Palazzo Toffol

The area in which Montereale Valcellina stands has been inhabited for at least three thousand years: the oldest evidence of human settlements dates back to the 14th century B.C., the so-called Bronze Age. Some swords that have re-emerged from the gravel of the Cellina date back to this period, perhaps of a votive nature, linked to the cult of the torrent or of a deity linked to water.

Maggiori informazioni